Your Facebook presence speaks volumes about your brand. Boasting 2 billion users, Facebook followers are increasingly leveraging this network to discover and connect with brands. Businesses succeeding in their Facebook marketing experience better follower engagement, improved lead conversions and increased website traffic.
Yet, what exactly does a successful Facebook strategy entail? How can a brand improve its efforts to boost awareness and capture attention? The big advantage of creating a strong strategy is that it doesn’t require weeks to develop or put together. In fact, you can take simple steps today to begin revamping your Facebook marketing to get in front of your audience tomorrow.
Here are 3 tactics to bettering your presence on Facebook.
#1 Have Clarity of Your Goals and Audience
The first step to a working Facebook marketing strategy is having a clear understanding of your goals and the audience you aim to reach. Simply being active without a true plan that aligns with your ultimate business objectives will yield fickle results. Additionally, each content piece shared on Facebook must resonate with your intended audience to be effective.
So, what do you want to accomplish from your social media marketing? Are you seeking to increase brand awareness or generate leads? If the goal is brand awareness, for example, then implementing keyword best practices are vital to getting in front of new, targeted followers. Knowing what you want to accomplish helps you modify your strategy to meeting these goals.
Once you’ve established your goals, break them down into small, actionable steps. Start with your yearly goal then break that down into the months, weeks, and the days. This way, you’re constantly working towards your overall business objective on a daily basis.
#2 Choose Your Content Types
Your next step is knowing how you’re going to execute your Facebook marketing. This includes knowing how you’ll invest your time, your paid advertising budget, the types of content shared and your topics.
Social media management apps like Hootsuite or Buffer are huge for increasing productivity on Facebook and other social networks. You’ll spend your time wisely by scheduling your content in advance, monitoring conversations around your brand, and checking analytics to discover which posts are driving the most engagement.
Utilizing tools such as groups and Facebook Live are invaluable to building awareness and creating a community around your brand.
Here are a few other tips to consider in your content creation for Facebook:
- Speak directly to your audience. Stay in tune with their needs through social monitoring and surveys. The more your content resonates with their interest and problems, the more responsive they’ll be
- Repost popular content. It’s okay to share the same link or blog article especially if it’s generating engagement. The key is to change the headline so it doesn’t appear redundant
- Use influencer marketing. Leveraging prominent social leaders in your niche can help you build brand awareness and trust fast with their audience. Influencer marketing is becoming a top strategy where both parties benefit from sharing quality-rich content and engaging their audiences
- Add variety to your posts by using interactive content. Quizzes, infographics, polls and surveys, and videos enrich user-experience and provides alternate ways to digest your content
#3 Test and Analyze Results
The final step to a strong Facebook marketing strategy is putting a simple system in place to measure your success. Publishing content and “hoping it sticks” does not create consistent results. It’s vital to test and analyze your efforts to discover what’s working and modify what isn’t. In time, you’ll create an ideal formula that steadily produces favorable outcomes.
Use these key metrics as a guide to testing your social media marketing:
- Best Posting Times – at what time of the day is your audience most engaged? Tools such as Buffer and CoSchedule have built-in features informing you of the best times to publish for better engagement
- Keywords – what keyword phrases are people using to find your content on Facebook
- Engagement – which topics generate likes, shares, and comments? What content types (i.e. infographics, video, quizzes) generates the most engagement?
- Shares – which of your content types and topics create the most shares?
- Leads – how many leads did you post generate? What can you do to improve this (i.e. add an image, stronger call-to-action)?
Creating a strong Facebook marketing strategy doesn’t have to be a complicated task. By simply following these 3 steps, you’ll position your brand to grow your following, boost engagement, and achieve traffic and lead generation. The key is remaining consistent in your strategy to test your efforts and make the necessary adjustments for success.
Link360: Link360 is an Inbound Marketing Agency Located in Greenville, SC. We specialize in generating leads for our clients through attracting visitors to their website, converting them into leads and closing them as customers. If you have any questions, or would like your own free Inbound Marketing Analysis, please contact us now.