While new trends and technologies are always influencing the marketing world, there’s one long-term development that keeps moving forward. Content marketing has dominated the marketing sphere for quite a while and there’s no reason to believe this will change anytime soon.
If you’re seeking effective and economical ways to get more clients for your dental practice, content marketing is one of your best options.
The Giant That Keeps on Growing
It’s easy to overlook the power of content marketing simply because it’s so prevalent that we tend to take it for granted. While we notice new social media platforms and types of ads, content is a constant. The types of content that are popular change over time. For example, a decade ago most content was in the form of text as in blog posts and articles. Now, videos and images are trending. However, the presence of content is sort of like water in the ocean. It’s the basic element that makes the internet what it is. According to research from Technavio, content marketing is projected to attain a worth of $412 billion by 2021.
Advantages of Content Marketing
Here are some of the reasons that content marketing is an unstoppable force.
- Cheaper than advertising. One of the best features of content marketing is that it’s a viable option for small and midsize businesses with limited budgets. It’s almost always a cheaper option than advertising. Paying for ads can help you find customers in need of a dentist but there’s often a steep learning curve before you earn profits. In the meantime, you can burn through thousands of dollars. Content marketing can be done inexpensively. If you create it yourself or curate content from other sources, it’s almost cost-free.
- Builds trust and authority. When people highly skilled and trustworthy. When you publish content that your readers value, you’re proving that you’re a knowledgeable expert in your field. It’s easier to establish trust with your own content, whether it’s published on your own website or on social media pages, than with ads. For example, one study found that consumers are 7 times more likely to trust social content over advertising.
- Better search engine rankings. Placing more content on your dental website is one of the best ways to improve SEO. The search engines are always searching for fresh content and Google rewards sites that serve users’ needs. The more content you have, the more keywords you have a chance to rank for. Depending on where you are and your areas of specialization, you might rank for terms such as “dental implants,” “pediatric dentist,” or “oral surgery.” Since local keywords are also very important to attract clients, you should also add the name of your city or region, such as “orthodontics San Jose” (or whatever location is relevant for you). This brings you customers who are searching for your type of practice in your area.
- Diverse and flexible. When some people hear the term content marketing, they automatically think of articles or blog posts. However, images, videos, and podcasts are also content. With content marketing, you can tap into the very latest trends, such as live video. You might make a video with tips on tooth and gum care or publish infographics on relevant topics.
- Shareable. While people sometimes share advertisements with their friends, it’s not typical. Organic content, however, is frequently shared on social media and via email. When you create quality content, there’s always a chance it will go viral.
These are some of the reasons that content marketing is the best way for dentists to attract more clients. As social media and the web get more commercial, this only enhances the value of organic content. Younger audiences, in particular, tend to pay less attention to ads. One study found that 84% of millennials don’t trust traditional advertising. If you want to engage with a skeptical and ad-weary audience, your best approach is content marketing. This is particularly true in a field such as dentistry, where customers are extremely concerned about finding a trustworthy practitioner. Many businesses find it challenging to create and distribute quality content. Implementing a content marketing strategy for your dental practice takes time and planning but it’s worthwhile if you want to build your authority and attract more clients.
Link360, a full-service digital marketing agency can help you with content creation as well as with all aspects of inbound marketing. To learn more, visit us on the web or give us a call at (864) 326-3444
Link360: Link360 is an Inbound Marketing Agency Located in Greenville, SC. We specialize in generating leads for our clients through attracting visitors to their website, converting them into leads and closing them as customers. If you have any questions, or would like your own free Inbound Marketing Analysis, please contact us now.